Dominions: Priests, Prophets & Pretenders
Community (forums, player contributions)
Dominions: Priests Prophets & Pretenders is a turn based fantasy game in which you take the role of a pretending god.
Each pretender is Lord and Master of one of fourteen cultures, each with its own individual strengths and weaknesses. With the aid of soldiers and mages you will conquer the lands of your neighbors in a struggle for total domination.
Priests and prophets will preach throughout the world to spread your dominion, the manifestation of your divine supremacy.
* 1-14 Players. Play single player or with up to 13 friends (hotseat, PbEM, TCP/IP).
* More than 600 units.
* More than 400 unique spells.
* More than 300 magic items.
* Design your own God by choosing his physical form, magic skills and how his dominion affects the world.
* Dominion. Make sure that the dominion of enemy gods doesn't enter and corrupt your lands.
* The worlds most famous heroes will be granted heroic abilities that grows with their fame.
* Mercenaries are bought on a global market, all players can bid, but only one will get them.
* Build fortresses to protect your lands and to boost your production. Fortresses must be besieged before they can be stormed.
* Huge automatic battles with hundreds of units.
* Create your own monsters and scenarios.
The game runs on Windows and Linux. It used to run on Mac and Solaris too, but the mac version was lost when the iMac died and we have no Solaris computer any longer.